The Board met in December 2011 and unanimously approved the motion to borrow the money needed to make the necessary changes to our kitchen to bring it up to code. This work was completed in time for camp season 2012 making the kitchen a nicer, cooler, safer place to work. Thanks to all who helped to pull this project together. God bless you for your time and effort to do this.
As many of you are already aware, we had an electrical fire (lightning-generated) at our Camp grounds in 2011 which destroyed the B-4 boys cabin. With the payment from the insurance company and the labor donated by the Boardtown church of Christ we were able for rebuild a larger cabin to support Camp Wetoga’s growing needs.
With ever rising operational costs and the loan repayment of the new kitchen we are still in need of an increase in our regular, monthly contributions. Please consider completing a Bank Draft Form and mailing it to our Treasurer, Allen Massey at your first convenience. Making even small contributions like $10 or $25 per month will make a HUGE difference! Please prayerfully consider helping us out immediately.
Projects and goals for 2013:
• Increase the number of young people attending each week.
• Increase awareness of the camp by contacting other Churches of Christ in the southeast.
• More fundraisers and possibly an event in the fall to help pay the indebtedness of the camp. Ability for bank drafts set up.
• Put new metal roofs on all the cabins and look at updating the shutters on each cabin.
• Install new electrical box at the pump house and replace the wiring going to the pool.
• Repaint and seal the kitchen floor.
• New mats in the kitchen and serving area. (We must keep the kitchen staff happy)
• Concrete the walkway to the bunkhouse and pad by the canteen.
• RV lot needs better drainage and more gravel.
• Tear the junk shed down and replace with a small metal garage.
• Install a fan above the projector to keep it cooler in the summer.
• Finish all the GPS work locating the rest of the electrical and water lines.
• Create a video of the camp. Video tour.
• Create a video of a week at camp.
• Encourage more volunteers.
• Ensure the new 3rd week of North Georgia Bible Camp is a success.